Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ward 4 City Councillor

Several weeks ago, wanting to keep my options open, I took out nomination papers for three offices: Ward Councillor, At Large Councillor, and Mayor.


With Mayor Moak deciding not to run, capable and committed candidates have declared for Mayor. And candidates have emerged for City Council as well.


As for me, I am going to be a candidate for re-election as Ward 4 Councillor. During the campaign ahead, I will also work hard for the Charter Review effort – a review which will help set Newburyport’s course for the future.


I look forward to the campaign. And I encourage others to get involved either as candidates or as volunteers.


Sincerely,

Ed Cameron

Newburyport City Council

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Consider running for at-large instead - your focus in entirely on city-wide issues and not on addressing issues or helping folks in our ward. Let someone who understands what a ward councilor is supposed to do take your spot. Then you can focus on your pet projects, the senior center and charter commission.